Learn to Skate starts tonight, Friday, October 13th @ 6:30PM. Prior to our first skate we will have an in-person LTS registration @ 5:30PM. Please pre-register online if possible as this will make the first night of LTS less hectic.
Also at 5:30PM, existing NHYHA families can donate their lightly used hockey equipment. Please only donate equipment that is smaller in size as this equipment will be offered to our LTS participants.
For all interested hockey families with children ages 3-8 years old,
New Hartford Youth Hockey will again this season be fielding Learn to Skate (LTS), Learn to Play (LTP) and Mite groups. Registration for all 3 groups is available on our website: www.newhartfordyouthhockey.com. In person registration for the Learn to Skate group will take place on 10/7 at 5:30pm in the lobby of the new Hartford Rec Center (1 hr prior to the first Learn to Skate practice at 6:30pm). Please register online if possible, this process is much easier than registering in person.
If you are unsure of which to sign your child up for please feel free to call Chris Moran at 315-404-4737. Here is a breakdown of what each program has to offer:
- LTS is for the first time skaters looking for a basic introduction to skating with a hockey atmosphere. Typical ages are 3-5 yrs old.
- LTP is for the skater who has done at least 1 yr LTS and is looking to get into a little more advanced skating and hockey atmosphere. LTP still has a big focus on skating with stick and puck introduced. Typical age 4-6. Our LTP program will be developed from our upper end of interested learn to skate players and kids who aren’t quite ready for mites. We will be fielding LTP but not until a few weeks into the season. It is suggested that if you think you have an LTP player to register and skate with the mite program the first few weeks of the season to see where your child fits in.
- Mites is for the more advanced skaters who have had a few yrs of LTS or LTP behind them. Game play is introduced at this level. Typical age 6-8
Any of these age suggestions can change subject to experience. Please feel free to call or email with any questions. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have used hockey equipment that you would like to donate?
NHYHA would like to collect your used equipment and distribute it to registered NHYHA participants.
Please bring unwanted equipment to the Rec Center concession stand this Tuesday, October 7th (5:30-7:30) & Thursday, October 9th (5:30-8:30). Any equipment that we collect will be made available Friday, October 10th during LTS registration (5:00-6:00).
We ask that you only donate equipment that is in good working condition.
How to Register:
All participants must have a USA Hockey Number in order to register. You can purchase a USA hockey number here: http://tinyurl.com/nhyha-usa-hockey
Once you have a USA Hockey number you can register online or in-person:
– Online: http://sports.bluesombrero.com/nhyha/
– In person: Friday, October 10th, 5PM at New Hartford Recreation Center (1 Mill Street, New Hartford).
Cost: *** FREE *** with the purchase of $100 worth of raffle tickets to be reimbursed when tickets are sold.
When: Our first skate will be on October 10th from 6:00-7:00PM following the in-person registration session. Subsequent skates will be held on Friday and Saturday.
Required Equipment: Helmet, Gloves, Skates, Shin Guards & Elbow Pads.
Questions: Please email NHYHA registrar at: email@example.com