Below are five requirements for all NHYHA coaches, as required by USA Hockey.
All coaches must have the following credentials completed by the start of the season, with CEP Level clinic needing to be completed by December 31st.
- Current USA Hockey Number
- This must be renewed each year in order for coaches to be on roster.
- $40, plus $8 for NYSAHA.
- USA Hockey registration
- Current CEP Level
- USA Hockey requires yearly advancement of the Coaching Education Program.
- There are four coaching levels (1-4).
- Mite coaches may remain at level 1 even if it has expired.
- If you have achieved level 3 and have renewed level 3 once, you must advance to level 4 in order to continue coaching.
- Coaching Clinics
- Age Specific Module (online)
- Coaches must complete the online age specific course for the level they are coaching at.
- You only need to take any level once, but if you coach at a new level the following year you must complete the module for that level.
- Modules include: Mite, Squirt, Peewee, Bantam, Midget
- Age Specific Modules
- SafeSport Module (online)
- Must be renewed every two years.
- SafeSport Training
- Background Screening
- You must have this screening to be around NHYHA players.
- Valid for 2 years.
- Please provide the 1st page of your report that states the screening is complete and clear to the registrar.
- NYSAHA Approved Background Screening
Any coaching questions, please contact the A.C.E coordinator: Mike Malloy – email@example.com
All Coaches and managers must be added through the registrar: Sue Campbell – firstname.lastname@example.org